How To Clean White Shoes Love To Know
Are you wondering if you can restore the color of those pretty shoes from gray to white? White shoes are all fun until they begin to stain.
They absorb dust and stain faster than other colors. Stained or declared white shoes are not cool. They are not visually appealing.
The good news is, you don’t have to throw your stained whites’ shoes away. They are several ways to restore that sparkling white color quickly.
This informative article outlines how to restore your white shoes. You will also learn how to clean shoes and how to keep your white shoe clean.
Get Rid of Large Chunks of Dirt
The first step to cleaning your white shoes is removing the large chunk of dirt on the sides and the soles.
Shoe cleaners cannot work on chunks of dirt. First, remove the laces for laced shoes.
Afterward, use a soft, clean brush to clean off the chunks of dirt on your shoes. Gently do this, so you don’t spread the dirt all over your shoe.
Ways to Clean a White Shoe
After cleaning out the large chunks of dirt on your white shoes, you have different options for restoring your shoes’ whiteness.
Here are some of the effective options you can choose from:
Cleaning White Shoe with Washing Machine
- Check the shoes to make sure it is machine washable. Use the following steps to machine wash your white shoes.
- Separate the shoes and the laces, and then put them in a wash or mesh bag.
- Set washing machine controls to gentle cycle.
- Use cold water and a gentle detergent. Make sure the machine is almost filled with water before adding the detergent
- Use half of the normal amount of detergent when cleaning your shoes.
- For top-loading machines, only add the shoe when the machine has enough water.
- At the end of the wash cycle, air dry your shoes.
Cleaning with Baking Soda
You can clean your white shoes using baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and water. The following steps explain the process.
- Get a small bowl and mix a half tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide, half spoon of baking soda, and half spoon of water.
- Mix the combination thoroughly until you have a smooth paste.
- Using an old toothbrush, gently brush the mixture into your shoe.
- Thoroughly coat all sides of the shoe until you work the paste into the shoe.
- Repeat the process to give your shoes a second coat.
- Mix the ret paste with the shoelaces to clean them too.
- Set the shoes and laces in the sun for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Allow the paste to dry into the shoe and crack off. Ensure you leave your shoes in the bright morning sun.
- Once the paste dries off, clean them off and re-lace your shoes. The paste will help restore the original whiteness of your shoes.
How to Clean with All-Purpose Shoe Cleaner
Another effective way to restore the whiteness of your shoes is by using a multipurpose cleaner. The following steps explain the process.
- Clean your shoes with a dry towel to remove dust.
- Spray the shoes with a multipurpose cleaner.
- Scrub the stained parts with an old brush to remove stains.
- Wipe the shoes clean with a soft, clean towel.
- Your shoes are clean again and ready for you to rock.
How to Clean with a Wash Bleach
Bleach contains whitening agents that can restore the whiteness of your shoes. Follow the steps below the clean your white shoes using a bleach solution.
- Wipe the shoes clean to remove dust. Remove the shoelaces.
- Make a bleach solution using 4 parts water and 1 part bleach.
- Scrub the stained parts using the bleach solution and an old part.
- Scrub gently until the stains are all gone, and the shoes are clean.
- Wipe the shoes clean and let them sit in the sun for a few hours.
- Wash the laces in the solution and air dry.
- Lace-up your shoes and enjoy the clean, white results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I Whiten My Shoes Overnight?
You can whiten your shoes overnight using a baking soda solution. With a baking soda solution, you can restore the whiteness of your shoes.
Clean your shoes and spread the solution thoroughly. Leave the shoe to sit overnight and clean off the solution the next day.
However, you should let your shoes sit under the sun. The sun will help ensure the solution works better. Another way, you can let your shoes sit in a dry, open space and clean in the morning.
Does Toothpaste Work to Clean White Shoes?
The toothpaste has whitening agents buy they may be too mild to clean shoes. Thus, they may not be great options for cleaning white shoes. White shoes need better cleaning agents. You can consider using an all-purpose cleaning agent.
All-purpose cleaning solutions work better and would give the right results. They are easier to use and would leave your shoe clean and white.
How Can I Make My Shoes White Again?
You can make your shoes white again by using any of the cleaning methods above. They are several ways to restore the whiteness in stained shoes.
However, you can quickly get an all-purpose shoe cleaner to tackle dirt and stain. With an all-purpose cleaner, you can quickly restore the color of your shoe.
You can opt for DIY methods and use a bleach solution. Bleach solutions can restore the color of your white shoes. Clean thoroughly and dry under the sun for best results.
Can You Use Bleach on White Shoes?
Yes. You can use diluted bleach solutions to clean your white shoes. Ensure to mix one part of bleach with four parts of water to weaken the solution.
Use an old brush and the solution to clean off hard stains on white shoes. Wipe the shoe clean and dry with a neat towel after cleaning.
For best results, allow the shoe to sit under the sun for few hours after cleaning with the bleach solution.
Wrapping It Up
Owning a white shoe can be demanding. You have to regularly clean and polish, or it will lose that sparkling white appeal.
However, there are several ways to keep a white shoe clean, which I have highlighted above.
The following tips will help you keep your white shoes in good condition. Now you know how to keep white shoes clean, go ahead and show off your shoes!